What is ITR-V Income Tax copy?
ITR-V stands for Income Tax Return–Verification Form. It is a one page document given by Income Tax Department after accepting Income Tax return. ITR-V is received when you file your I-T return online—without using a digital signature. It is sent by the I-T Department.
Where can I get my ITR-V Copy?
As a user of efiler, we do not send any ITR-V copy to any of our users, as the ITR-V Copy is sent by Income Tax Department, please follow the below steps to get ITR-V Copy Online:
Check your Email :
When you e-file your Income Tax Return, the Income Tax department sends your ITR-V to the email address you selected within 2-3 days of e-filing.
Check ITR-V copy at Income Tax Website
Step 1. Login to your account. The username is your PAN number. If you have Forgotten the Password, reset the password.
Step 2. Once you Enter the and Login to the website, you will see a Dashboard – click on "View Return/Forms" on Blue Bar
Step 3. You can see the status of all the Returns filed by you, now click on the acknowledgement number (ack no)
Step 4. Click under Download/Status Description ITR-V/Acknowledgement to download your ITR-V
What is meant by CPC in Income Tax?
If you have not verified your ITR electronically then you are supposed to send signed copy of ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore within 120 days of e-filing. ITR-V is the acknowledgement form that you get after filing your ITR. It must be signed and sent to CPC, Bengaluru within 120 days of e-filing your ITR. The address to send via ordinary post or Speed Post is:
Income Tax Department-CPC,
Post Box No-1,
Electronic City Post Office,
It must not be sent by courier or other means. However, if you have signed the return by digital signature, then posting of ITR-V form to CPC, Bangalore is not required.
If you forget to e-verify your ITR or fail to dispatch ITR-V to CPC Bangalore then it will be considered as if you have not filed your income tax return and the IT department will not process your ITR.
Track the ITR-V receipt status?
If you have opted to verify the ITR by sending signed copy of ITR-V then you must continuously track the receipt status of ITR-V at CPC, as you will get an alert for non-receipt of ITR-V due to postal loss. Once Central Processing Unit Bangalore receives your ITR-V form, it dispatches an email acknowledging the receipt of ITR-V which should reach you within a month of sending ITR-V to CPC Bangalore.There are a number of ways to check whether CPC Bangalore received your ITR-V form or not. These are:
ITR-V Form Password
Password of the document is a combination of PAN (in lower case) and date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy. For example, if the PAN is ABCDP0000A and the date of birth is 10-Jan-2010, the password is abcdp0000a10012010.
Submitting of ITR-V
Do's and Don’ts for printing and submitting of ITR-Vs to ITD-CPC Bangalore to complete the e-filing process:
1. Only A4 size white paper should be used.
2. Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
3. The document to be mailed to CPC should be signed in original in blue ink only. The TRP Column is to be left blank.
4. The signatures or any text should not be written on the Bar code. The Bar code and numbers below the bar code should be clearly visible.
5. Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper and folding the paper.
6. Please do not submit any annexure, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V. Do not use stapler on ITR-V.
7. In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
8. The ITR-V form is required to be sent to "Income Tax Department - CPC, Post Box No - 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore - 560100, Karnataka" by regular Indian Postal Service or speed post only (courier is not accepted). If you are sending the signed ITR-V through speed post, delete the text "Post Box No - 1" from the address.
9. The ITR-V should reach CPC within 120 days of filing of return.
10. ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
How to e-verify ITR-V Online?
Income Tax Return filed by the taxpayer is not treated as valid until it is verified by the taxpayer. In the existing process, taxpayer can verify the return using Digitally Signed Certificate or by sending signed ITR-V to CPC. As per Rule 12 vide Notification No. 41/2015, Income Tax department has introduced e-Verification of returns as an alternate for ITR-V. Taxpayers who are NOT mandated to use DSC are eligible for e-Verification
Click to read more for e-Verification process