ITR-V or Income Tax Return Verification is an acknowledgement that your return has been successfully submitted with the Income Tax. You can check ITR-V sent by you online and check whether it has been received in CPC or it has been filed using digital signature
Step 1: Click on the following link and Login with your ID and Password: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Step 2: Click on ITR-V Receipt Status
Step 3: Enter all the required Infomation and Select required Information
ITR V Do's & Don'ts
- Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR V Form. Use of Dot Matrix printer should be avoided.
- The ITR V Form should be printed only in black ink. Do not use any other ink option to print ITR-V.
- Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
- Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of "Income tax Department" which is printed automatically on each ITR V.
- The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in Original.
- Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
- The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
- Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
- Only A4 size white paper should be used.
- Avoid typing anything on the reverse side of the paper.
- Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
- Do not use stapler on ITR-V Acknowledgement.
- In case, you are submitting Original and Revised Income Tax Returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
- Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes, along with ITR-V.
- ITR-V form is required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by Ordinary or Speed Post (without Acknowledgment) ONLY
- ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
Start Tax Assistance Start Income Tax Filing